Is Columbus a viable place to film? Is the economic, workforce and political structure in the region strong enough to support a gaming or esports venture? Are there suppliers in Columbus that can handle the needs and complexities of music, film and gaming companies? Yes.
The Columbus Entertainment 100 event, presented by the Columbus Film Commission, Flat Rock Studios, Columbus State University and Georgia Entertainment News, is set for June 19th. Representatives from all over the state and beyond will be on hand to receive an update on happenings in the region.
Since announcing the Columbus Film Fund at Sundance, dozens of prospects have reached out to consider the area for their film. Several films are in negotiations. This, combined with unprecedented activity in the gaming and music sector have created incredible momentum for the region.
Peter Bowden, President and CEO of Visit Columbus, “As we tell producers, directors and filmmakers, Columbus is ready to make their next project a success. We have all the services of a first tier filming city but the production costs overall will be much less. We are proud to have the support of a diverse mix of local and state partners share in this messaging.”
“Columbus has one of the most progressive government and private sector collaborations that I have witnessed,” says Randy Davidson, President of Georgia Entertainment News. “The attendees, supporters and partners of this event illustrate the strong, credible commitment Columbus has to being that next location already with a qualified workforce and strong infrastructure.”
Columbus Film Commission, Flat Rock Studios, Columbus State University and Georgia Entertainment News
Local Partners include:
Statewide Partners include:
- Columbus Airport
- Page, Scrantom, Sprouse, Tucker & Ford, P.C.
- Aubrey Bone Technology
- Malone Office
- The Corporate Center
- Hecht Burdeshaw Architects, Inc.
- Robinson Grimes & Company, P.C.
- Ritch Electric Co
- River Mill Data Management
- Becker Survey Company
- RiverCenter for the Performing Arts
- Valley Fir and Redwood Company
- Piedmont Columbus Regional
- The Wright Legal Group
- Hudson Pendleton Financial Group
- Catering provided by Country’s Barbeque
- Audio Visual provided by Kenny Lewis Productions
- Security is provided by Security Associates of Coastal Georgia
- Crafty Apes
- Moonshine Post
- Sapelo Insurance
- Tytan Pictures
- Georgia Screen Entertainment Coalition
- Sterling Seacrest Partners
- Herc Entertainment Services